According to STATSAccording to STATS
Cleveland Indians at Minnesota Twins
- The Indians defeated the Red Sox, 7-3, at Fenway Park last night, winning their fourth straight game, and improving to an AL-best 16-7 (.696) since July 21. Including six free passes Monday night, Cleveland's batters have walked a total of 433 times in 2017 -- second most in the AL, and fourth most in MLB overall.
- Minnesota beat Detroit, 6-4, on Sunday at Comerica Park, taking two of three from the Tigers over the weekend, and improving to 7-1 in the last eight games overall. The Twins now have 59 wins this season -- the same total they mustered the entire 2016 campaign.
- Minnesota swept these clubs' last three-game series in Cleveland (June 23-25), shutting out the Indians twice, and outscoring them by a combined score of 13-2 in the matchup. Dating to September 11 last season, the Tribe has won eight straight games vs. the Twins at Target Field by a combined score of 55-16.
- Danny Salazar allowed just one run in 5.1 IP last Thursday against the Rays, but was saddled with his second straight no-decision for the effort. Salazar is 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA in four starts since returning from the DL on July 22.
- Bartolo Colon threw 7.0 scoreless innings against the Brewers last Wednesday, earning the victory, and winning back-to-back outings for the first time of the season. The last time Colon won three straight starts was August 31-September 10, 2015 while he was a member of the Mets.
- Brian Dozier hit his sixth leadoff homer of the season on Sunday -- tied with Michael Conforto and Corey Dickerson for second most in MLB (George Springer -- 9). Two of Dozier's Twins-record 25 career leadoff bombs have come off Danny Salazar.
Notes Applicable For Series Dates: 8/15/2017 thru 8/17/2017
No preview is available for this game